Fresh and aromatic catarratto, grown within the area of Trapani, under constant ventilation from the Mediterranean Sea, reveals a pleasant acidity that enhances the elegance and smell. It shows the Goblet of straw yellow color with light golden reflections. The palate with light hints of peach blossoms and wisteria, reserving, in the final, delicate notes of aniseed. Ideal for an aperitif on the nightfall goes happily with crudités seafood, tempura shrimp and reef fish.
- Classification: Terre Siciliane I.G.T.
- Grape varieties: 100% Catarratto
- Vineyards location: Territory of Trapani – hilly ground 250/400 mt. a. s. l.
- Soil composition: Medium mixture with a clayey tendency
- Training system: Gujot Espalier
- Nr. Vines per hectare: n° 5.000
- Yields per hectare: 8.000 kg
- Harvest: II and III decade of September
- Period of fermentation: 20 days at 16°18° C
- Production method: Soft-pressing, maximum 60% juice extraction, fermentation at controlled temperature.
- Alcohol: 12,5% by vol.
- Tasting notes: Straw yellow colour with greenish tints; notes of wild flowers, only just mature pear. Pleasant and persistent acidity. Made from Catarratto grapes, it’s used to convey the sunny slopes where the grapes ripen.
- Serving temperature: 10/12° C.
- Pairing: Hors d’oeuvres and seafood: fish and shellfish; white meat